For those busy days when you don't want to cook, try my 30 Minute One-Pot Weeknight Tofu Vegetable Curry! It's a super easy way to taste India!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free
- 16 oz (454g) super firm tofu, diced in ¼” to ½” inch cubes
- 6 cups frozen vegetables (I used Costco Stir Fry blend)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp curry powder(or to taste)
- ½ tsp powdered ginger (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt (or salt of choice, to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 can coconut milk (may sub 1 cup of lite coconut milk or 1 cup nondairy milk (add coconut extract coconut extract if desired))
- Cilantro and green onion for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Place cubed tofu in a single layer on silicone mat (link on products page) or parchment lined baking tray. Put in oven when preheated and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through (until lightly crispy).
- Heat a large nonstick pot over medium high heat and saute onion until it starts to brown (about 4 minutes), adding a tablespoon of water at a time to keep it from sticking. Then add garlic and saute another minute.
- Make a circle of empty space in the center of the pot and add your spices. Mix well and let the spices temper for 30 seconds.
- If your pot is not nonstick, add about 3 tbsp of water to ensure spices do not stick or burn. After 30 seconds of tempering, add tomatoes and stir well. Cook another minute, then add your frozen veggies. Let this cook for about 5 minutes, then add lightly crispy tofu if using, cook 3 more minutes, then add the coconut milk. Cook 2 more minutes, then stir in the spinach until wilted (about 30 seconds) and remove from heat.
- Serve with rice or noodles and sprinkle with garnish if desired. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 215
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Indian, Curry, 30-minute meal