These crispy and delicious Air Fryer Gnocchi are super easy and simple to make with only a few ingredients.
- 8 ounces gnocchi (see note 1)
- 1 or 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil (avocado, grapeseed, olive, etc.) (see note 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (see note 3)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prep: Add gnocchi to a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Use a spoon or spatula to toss the gnocchi to evenly coat them in the oil.
- Add the seasoning to the bowl and toss well again to distribute the seasonings.
- Air fryer method: Add seasoned gnocchi to your air fryer in a single layer. Cook gnocchi at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). For more tender air fried gnocchi with a crisp outer skin, cook for 10 - 11 minutes. For much crispier, chewier air fried gnocchi, cook for 12-14 minutes. Make sure to shake the basket at the halfway point as this helps the gnocchi cook evenly.
- Oven method: Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and add seasoned gnocchi to the tray. Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit (191 degree Celsius) oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring and flipping the gnocchi halfway through. Feel free to increase the time if needed.
- Serve: Let the air fryer gnocchi (or oven baked gnocchi) cool for a moment and then dig in! Serve with your favorite sauce—we love Rao’s marinara as well as melted vegan garlic butter. Enjoy!
- Store: These crispy vegan gnocchi are best fresh. If you do have leftovers, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. They might get a bit stale, so you may want to reheat them in a sauce and serve them up like pasta. They also make great croutons for vegan Italian salad.
- Note 1: I used dried store bought gnocchi for this recipe. Most of the "plain" flavored ones I saw were vegan but check the ingredients just to make sure. Fresh (bought or homemade) will also work—be careful not to crowd them in the air fryer as fresh gnocchi can be more fragile or likely to stick together. The fresh gnocchi may also cook at a different speed so check it sooner.
- Note 2: You need just a little oil (such as grapeseed, avocado, or olive oil) for this recipe. Cooking them without oil leaves them a bit dry (though if you’re dipping them in a sauce you may not care), so I think just a bit of oil helps the texture of the air fryer gnocchi a lot.
- Note 3: Pick whichever seasonings you like! I used Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Note 4: The key to getting crisp gnocchi is not to overload the air fryer. I have a 5.8 quart air fryer, and I do a half pound of gnocchi (about 8 ounces) at a time. While you can definitely cook more at a time, they won’t crisp up as much due to less air circulating around them. Thankfully, they cook up so quickly you can make batch after batch as needed.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: vegan gnocchi, vegan snacks, vegan air fryer recipes