This Vegan Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal is cozy, warm, and chock full of Fall vibes. Made with sweet apples and rolled oats, this healthy meal prepped breakfast will warm your tummy and satisfy you for several hours with minimal effort. (Gluten-Free)
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 large apples, diced
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2.5 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (or other nut)
- 1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 C).
- Mix your dry ingredients in the bowl, form a well in the center, and add in the wet ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish and use a spatula to smooth the mixture down and make even, or press down lightly with your hands. It’s OK if a little liquid sits on top. If there’s a lot, as in, it’s sloshing if you jiggle the dish, sprinkle a small handful of extra rolled oats and press them down so they start to absorb that extra liquid.
- Sprinkle on your raisins and pecans (or whatever fruit and nut you like) and lightly press again.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Serve hot or cold. I like to serve this warm with a scoop of vanilla nice cream for a truly decadent-only-in-taste, healthy breakfast, or with some plain vegan yogurt and fruit for a lighter option.
- Refrigerate leftovers either in an airtight container or cover the baking dish with foil for up to 6 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Plant-Based, Oil-free, Oatmeal, Breakfast