Crunchy, chocolaty, healthy and quick, this easy coconut cacao granola is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free!
- 2 cups rolled/old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup other nut or seed (I like pecans or slivered almonds with this)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup almond butter (or any other nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (162 degrees C) and line a half sheet baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a large bowl, then add in your oats and salt if using and stir until they are all coated.
- Add the rest of your dry ingredients except coconut (it burns faster so we’ll add it later) and stir well. If you are adding dried fruit, wait until after baking.
- Transfer the mixture onto the baking sheet, flattening out the mixture and spreading it evenly across the pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir. Add the coconut flakes and stir once more.
- Now bake for 5-15 more minutes (depending on what ingredients you use–if you follow this recipe exactly I would do 10 more minutes depending on how hot your oven runs. Keep checking it to ensure nothing burns).
- Let cool, then store in an airtight container for 7-10 days (if it lasts that long!). I like to store mine in a large jar, and just pour it onto my breakfast each day. If you have a wide mouth jar, it’s easier to reach in and grab some granola to snack on--maybe too easy?
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan Granola, Coconut Cacao Granola, Chocolate Coconut Granola