This easy tofu scramble with veggies takes only 10 minutes to prepare and makes a nutritious and delicious savory breakfast. Build your own scramble with veggies, vegan cheese, etc. eat as is, in a wrap, or as a sandwich!
Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Nut-free
- 1 block (396g) firm or medium tofu (NOT silken)
- 1 small onion, sliced or diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 6 oz mushrooms, any kind (I used brown beech mushrooms)
- 2 cups baby spinach (I had a baby kale / spinach mixture)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp kala nemek / black salt, optional
- One half batch melty vegan cheddar cheese, optional
- Avocado garnish, optional
- First add your onion to a large rimmed skillet or pan over medium high heat. Let the onions start to stick (just slightly) and then add a tablespoon of water. Repeat this process for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the bell peppers and mushrooms. Saute for a couple minutes.
- Now add the tofu: crumble it with your hand over the pan. You can also cut the tofu into chunks and scramble it in the pan with your cooking utensil.
- Then sprinkle on the spices (not the nutritional yeast yet). If you're using my vegan cheese, add it now (I didn't for the photo shoot of this recipe to keep things simple).
- Stir everything around, cook for a couple minutes, add your nutritional yeast and spinach if using, and stir some more. Eat it straight up, throw it in a sandwich or wrap, and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Nut-free, Egg Replacement, Tofu, Breakfast