This easy Vegan Hollandaise Sauce is super creamy, tastes like its eggy non-vegan counterpart, and comes together in 5 minutes or less! This one is egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, oil-free, and gluten-free!
- Add all ingredients to a measuring cup, jar, or bowl and mix well.
- Add a little water if it’s too thick.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave or in small sauce pan over stove if desired, adding water and whisking as needed.
- Note 1: If you'd prefer not to use tahini, pick another fat to use. I also liked this with coconut cream and cashew butter (thinned out), but i didn't include those because I thought the tahini was the best one. If you're cool with consuming oil, melt a plant-based butter like Earth Balance and use that instead. I personally don't use it in my house for health reasons (I will occasionally indulge when eating out, though because I'm not perfect). If you're looking to make this recipe lower fat, you could try blending tofu or beans and substituting that. However, the fat adds the all-important mouthfeel of butter in this recipe, so I'll leave it at that.
- Note 2: Don't have fresh or bottled lemon juice? White or apple cider vinegar would be a nice substitution in this recipe.
- Category: Sauce, Ingredient
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free, Sauce, Hollandaise