Vegetables for dessert?! You won't even notice them in my sweet and crumbly Gluten-Free Holiday Cranberry Chutney Crumble Dessert!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Oil-free
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 small to medium onion, diced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced (about 1 large rib)
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, raisins, maple syrup, spices, and water. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to medium and let cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Reduce the heat to a medium simmer and stir in the apple, onion, and celery. Simmer about 10 more minutes.
- Next preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and prepare your crumble topping. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and then work in the almond butter. You can stir it in at first but I highly recommend using your hands and working it in. Your clumps will be smallish (around the size of peas) and dry but not powdery dry. They will get crispy in the oven.
- When the filling is done, add it to a rimmed baking dish. I recommend an 8" by 8" square glass baking dish. Place in the oven and bake uncovered for about 40 - 45 minutes, or until filling is bubbling and topping is lightly golden brown and crisp to the touch.
- I like to serve this warm, but it's also good cold. You could even add a scoop of vegan ice cream or banana nice cream on top!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Crumble
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 256
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Oil-free, Dessert, Chutney