If you love those holiday flavors of nutmeg, anise and allspice, then you'll love my Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles with Spiced Raspberry Compote!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Soy-free, Nut-free
- 2.25 cups GF 1:1 flour
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg, anise, and allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 3.5 cups unsweetened nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer + 4 tbsp water
- Fresh raspberries and mint as garnish, optional
- 12 oz frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg, anise, and allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat your waffle iron. Add 2 tbsp egg replacer and 4 tbsp water to a small bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Mix dry waffle ingredients in a large bowl, and mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl. By now the "eggs" should be set and and you can mix them in with the wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Using a measuring cup, add just enough batter to cover the plate of your waffle iron. Mine took a little over 1 cup of batter per set, but waffle irons differ in size.
- I cooked my waffles for 8 minutes per set, but yours may differ. When each set is done, remove carefully from waffle iron with a heat safe spatula and place on a plate until ready to use.
- While waffles are cooking, add all ingredients for compote to a small sauce pan. Heat over medium high until bubbling, stirring frequently. Then turn the heat to low and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Separate waffles and pour on compote. If desired, add fresh raspberries and mint for garnish.
- Refrigerate leftover waffles and compote separately in airtight containers up to 5 days. Reheat waffles in a toaster or toaster oven, and reheat compote (if desired) in small saucepan with a little water to thin.
- Category: Waffles, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Plant-based, Waffles, Compote
- Serving Size: 2 waffles + 3 tbsp
- Calories: 210
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Soy-free, Nut-free, Waffles, Compote