This healthy easy vegan cookie dough is made from chickpeas, dates, nut butter, and oats. It takes just 5 minutes and is a delicious, high protein snack. Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, Can be nut-free
- 1 can or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (use unsalted or rinse if not)
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (any nut or seed butter will work)
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup raisins, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice, optional
- First, just pulse the pitted dates a few times until they're more of a thick paste. Then, add your oats and peanut butter and combine.
- Next, add in just a quarter cup of the raisins, the chickpeas, and the vanilla extract if using. Blend again, stopping partway through to scrape down the sides.
- It's optional, but if you'd like your vegan edible cookie dough more silky instead of chunky, add some non-dairy milk (any will work) to the food processor while it's mixing. I do about 3/4 of a cup, but start with half a cup and see how you like it.
- Finally fold in the remaining raisins with a spoon and you're done!
- If desired, roll balls of mixture into cookies, flatten, and bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius) for about 10-15 minutes (check on them at 10 minutes).
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Note: You could also make banana nice cream with the chunks of cookie dough in it to make vegan cookie dough ice cream!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American, Snack
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, cookies, cookie dough