Creamy, zesty, and traditional in flavor, this easy Nut-Free Vegan Ranch Dressing is easy to make and free of oils, nuts, and sugar. It’s also packed with plant-based protein and takes just 5 minutes to whiz up in any kind of blender!
- 1-16 oz block (about 396 grams) firm tofu, drained but not pressed (see note 1)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1-1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 - 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped (or sub 1-2 tbsp dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, stems removed and finely chopped (or sub 1-2 tbsp dried)
- If using tofu, break it up into a few pieces (makes it blend faster) and throw it in your blender.
- Now add the non-dairy milk, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Do not add the herbs right now unless you want them liquified (if you do it by accident it’s ok. You’ll have green ranch but it will still taste good).
- Blend until smooth and taste. Adjust anything you want now and re-blend if needed.
- Add the herbs whether fresh and finely chopped or dried. Pulse the blender a few times until the herbs are well mixed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate up to 5-7 days in an airtight container.
- Note 1: This recipe calls for firm tofu. Medium will also work without changing any ratios. If you use a softer tofu than medium, or if you want to use silken, you can. Just blend it without adding any non-dairy milk at first, then add some only if needed. If you don’t want to use tofu at all, you can use white beans, soaked cashews, soaked sunflower seeds, or even use straight up vegan mayo (use less water if doing this).
- Category: Ingredient
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan Ranch Dressing, Eggless Ranch Dressing