This Lavender nice cream is light, delicate and yet refreshing and delicious! Made from just a few ingredients and free of added sugar, it’s delightful!
- 3 cups frozen bananas
- 1-2 tsp edible dried lavender (see note 1), crushed
- 1/4-1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or can use vegan food coloring)
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk, less or more as needed
- First add the bananas to your blender or food processor. Add some of the non-dairy milk (add more as you blend, but it’s always easier to add more). If you’re having trouble getting the mixture to blend, here’s a few ideas to get it moving: chop your bananas into smaller pieces, add a little bit more liquid, stop and scrape down the sides or stir the mixture (use your tamper if you have a Vitamix), or even try letting the bananas defrost a little, blend, and then stick it back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- I like to blend the bananas and milk to a smooth consistency before adding the crushed lavender and blueberries. Blend in the lavender, then add the blueberries while it’s blending a few at a time until desired purple has been reached.
- Finally, add it to a bowl, top it with desired toppings (I used shredded coconut), and enjoy!
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight container up to one week, but the texture does become slightly less creamy.
- Note 1: The lavender you buy doesn’t matter as long as you buy dried lavender specifically marked as edible. The most common edible lavender is English lavender. Some edible lavenders are higher quality than others and will produce a better taste. I love (and use) the lavender from The Spice House.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Blender, Food Processor
- Cuisine: American, Health
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Soy-Free, Nice Cream, Vegan Ice Cream, Lavender Nice Cream