Creamy and lush, this two-minute Maple Mustard Tahini Sauce is super easy, simple, and delicious for just about anything.
- 1/4 cup tahini (see note 1)
- 2 tbsp mustard of choice (see note 2)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (see note 3)
- Water, as needed
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk or a fork in a jar or bowl.
- Add water a little bit at a time until desired consistency has been reached.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week. If it gets too thick, just thin it out with a bit of water.
- Note 1: I recommend organic grade A maple syrup for the best flavor. To substitute, you could also try agave syrup. Coconut sugar will also work as a sweetener, just whisk it well to dissolve the crystals.
- Note 2: You can use any type of mustard you like! I used stone ground mustard in this recipe but yellow, spicy, or even Dijon mustard would work. I’d probably cut down on the maple syrup if using Dijon mustard since it is sweet already.
- Note 3: You can find tahini in the middleeastern section of most grocery stores and in health food stores or online. Some brands are runnier or thicker than others. If too thick, just add a splash of water. Substitutes for tahini include sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, coconut cream, or oil if you’re cool with that.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Ingredient
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American, Middle Eastern
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Maple Mustard Tahini