Roasted Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise is a fabulous side dish perfect to complement any protein or starch. Fresh, crisp asparagus roasted with garlic and lemon is delicious enough, but drizzling on a buttery, lemony, vegan Hollandaise is the perfect addition to make this side dish a true star.
Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free
- 1 pound of asparagus, trimmed (see above explanation if needed)
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced (or sub 2 tbsp bottled lemon juice)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or sub 1.5 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 batch vegan Hollandaise sauce, optional
- https://zardyplants.com/recipes/easy-vegan-hollandaise-sauce/Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- Wash and trim asparagus and lay them side by side in a lined baking tray.
- Rub fresh garlic over the asparagus, distributing it as evenly as possible. Then place lemon slices over the top. (If using bottled lemon juice, I'd use a basting brush to apply that first. Then, if using garlic powder, sprinkle it all over the asparagus.)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes -- if you have very thick stalks, it may take slightly longer.
- Asparagus is done when the thickest spear is easily punctured by a fork. Remove tray from the oven, let the asparagus rest for a moment, and then serve. Drizzle the Vegan Hollandaise sauce (internal link) just before serving and enjoy!
- Category: Entree, Side
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free, dinner