Creamy, rich, tangy, cheesy Avocado Pesto Pasta! This tasty pasta is a super fun and a cheaper oil-free twist on classic pesto.
Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free (uses seeds), Soy-free, Sugar-free, can be Gluten-free
- 16 oz pasta of choice (can use gluten-free)
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or hemp seeds or cashews)
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, divided
- Juice of 3 small lemons
- 1.5 tsp each garlic powder, oregano and basil
- 1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened nondairy milk
- Vegan Parm, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, blend other ingredients in a food processor or blender until combined--leave chunky if desired.
- Fold pesto into hot pasta, sprinkle with extra nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner, Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Sugar-free, Pasta, Pesto, Avocado