This fluffy and sweet buttercream frosting is made without oil or butter, but doesn't compromise on flavor or texture. Rich, luscious, and customizable!
- 3-4 cups organic powdered sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream, room temp. (vegan butter will also work)
- Vanilla or other flextract, optional
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer or a tall mixing bowl.
- Mix on slow speed at first, then increase speed to medium. Mix until smooth and well-combined.
- If your frosting is too thin:
- Try adding more confectioner’s sugar. If it seems melty you may just need to refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes.
- If your frosting is too thick:
- Add a touch more coconut cream.
- Frost your cake or cupcakes and enjoy!
- Refrigerate frosting until needed.Remove the frosting from the refrigerator approximately 10 minutes before it’s needed and set on the counter to come to room temperature.
- Do not attempt to microwave frosting as it will have an uneven consistency.
- Do not attempt to frost a remotely warm cake as the frosting will melt.
- Category: Ingredient
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Vegan Buttercream