These Vegan Cheesy Biscuits couldn't be any easier to throw together in one bowl. Ready in 20 minutes, they complement any meal or make a great snack. Can be gluten-free with the substitution of GF flour.
Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free, Can be gluten-free
- First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (or 232 degrees Celsius).
- Next, make the cheese if you haven't already. Instructions on making my melty vegan cheddar cheese can be found here.
- While your cheese is cooking on the stovetop, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. add room temperature coconut cream. If you have a hard time mixing it in, try using a hand mixer briefly (don't overmix).
- If your coconut cream is kind of hard, you could also try microwaving it for a few seconds.
- Add the warm water, the cheese, and the spices and stir until just combined. Using a large cookie scoop, drop scoops of batter about 2" apart on a lined pan.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool a little before serving. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftover biscuits in an airtight container. Reheat before eating.
- Note 1: If you'd like to make this recipe gluten-free, I recommend Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour -- this is the flour I use when baking gluten-free.
- Note 2: If you'd prefer not to use coconut cream, you could try using aquafaba (the liquid that comes in a can of chickpeas). You also might be able to just add 1/4 cup extra vegan cheese, but I haven't tested it. If you do test that theory, please drop a comment below!
- Note 3: If not using my cheese recipe, use the same amount of shredded vegan cheese, but I cannot guarantee it will melt. Also, if the batter is too dry, you may need to add more warm water, as store bought vegan cheese tends to be dryer than the kind I make.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free, Can be gluten-free, biscuits