Need a dip for your next party? Try this Vegan Cheesy Kale-Artichoke Dip! Bring this twist on spinach artichoke dip to the next Super Bowl party!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Can be soy-free
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 can (or 1.5 cups) artichoke hearts packed in brine or water, drained
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz firm tofu, drained (use soaked cashews if soy-free)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast + 3 tbsp for topping
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used almond)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tsp)
- 1 tsp ume plum vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (or use any salt you like)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Heat a skilled over medium high heat and add onions. Saute, adding water a tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking, until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and saute 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Add everything except 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast to food processor and pulse several times just to combine (do not puree).
- Add mixture to a 8" square baking dish and smooth with a spatula. Top with additional 3 tbsp nutritional yeast if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown. Serve warm with chips, crackers, fries, or toasted baguette slices. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Category: Snack, Ingredient
- Cuisine: Vegan, Plant-based, party, snack
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 73
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Can be soy-free, Kale Artichoke Dip