This creamy and zesty Vegan Italian Dressing is the perfect easy dressing for any salad. Quick, nut-free, and delicious, this sauce is a great go-to!
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 - 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (see note 2)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (or use 1-2 tsp granulated garlic)
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add your lemon juice, vinegar, water, sunflower seeds, Dijon mustard, salt, agave and garlic cloves or powder. Do not add the Italian seasoning right now unless you want it liquified (if you do it by accident it’s ok. You’ll have slightly green or brownish Italian dressing but it will still taste good).
- Blend until smooth and taste. Adjust anything you want now and re-blend if needed.
- Add the Italian seasoning and pulse the blender a few times until the herbs are well mixed.
- That’s it! Use it right away or refrigerate until needed. It will keep for up to 5-7 days in the fridge in an airtight container (I like to use mason jars).
- Note 1: You can use raw or roasted sunflower seeds. I personally like to use raw sunflower seeds as I feel they are a little healthier and more neutral. But if you’d like to substitute something else, try soaked cashews (use a half cup), tofu (use half a 16 oz block), or white beans (use 3/4 cup).
- Note 2: I wouldn’t recommend another mustard in the place of Dijon as they can be much stronger in flavor. You could try a little powdered mustard seed or just omit the ingredient.
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Ingredient, Dressing
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Can Be Sugar-Free, Vegan Italian Dressing, Creamy