Colorful and crisp, this Vegan Italian Salad is delicious and filling enough for a meal or makes the perfect side with classic zesty Italian flavors.
- 8 oz. greens of choice (I used spring mix)
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup black or kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 batch vegan Italian dressing
- Pepperoncini, chopped, to taste, optional
- Croutons for serving, optional
- Vegan Parmesan topping, optional
- First, prep all your ingredients. Wash your greens and dry them really well--no one likes a soaked salad. Add the greens to a bowl and toss the dressing with just the greens. This helps the rest of your veggies stay crisp and beautiful.
- Add your veggies into the salad and give it a gentle toss. You’ll get a little dressing on them but not too much.
- Top the salad with your croutons, olives, pepperoncini and vegan Parmesan if using and enjoy!
- This salad is best if eaten immediately. If you’re not going to eat your salad immediately, store the dressing, and wetter veggies separate from the salad. The extra water from the cucumber and tomato could wilt the lettuce. Store cut greens in a reusable container with a paper towel in it to absorb excess moisture.
- Note 1: As far as your greens go, even spring mix greens can be bulky. It helps to give them a good chop with a knife or kitchen shears--this makes the pieces easier to chew and digest.
- Note 2: A really great tip for drying your greens is to use a salad spinner! Mine was about $30 and it was money well spent. You can wash the greens straight in the colander portion and pop it in the outer bowl and spin it dry! I run my greens through the drying cycle twice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Can Be Sugar-Free