Creamy, lemony, tahini sauce with heavenly roasted garlic with tagliatelle noodles topped with vegan Parmesan, served with lemony broccolini / baby broccoli!
- 16 oz pasta (I used Tagliatelle pasta) (sub gluten-free if needed)
- 16 oz broccolini, 1" trimmed off ends
- Juice of 2 lemons, divided
- 1 medium head roasted garlic (see note)
- 2/3 cup unsweetend nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Vegan parm, garnish, optional
- Fresh thyme, garnish, optional
- Start by filling a large pot of water with enough water to boil the pasta in (please consult the packaging on the pasta you chose). Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when finished cooking.
- While pasta cooks, add garlic, tahini, nondairy milk, salt, black pepper, and the juice of just one of the lemons to the blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the broccolini by adding it to a rimmed skilled over medium high heat. Turn it on the dry skillet for 1 minute, letting it brown slightly.
- Then add about 1/2 cup of water and cover it, cooking it for about 5-7 minutes depending on how thick the stems are. When the broccolini is "al dente" or just shy of cooked, add the juice of the other lemon and toss them, then put the lid back on for 1-2 minutes. When the broccolini is cooked, set it aside.
- Add the sauce to the empty pasta pot and heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until warm. Add the pasta back in and toss until coated.
- Plate the pasta and broccolini and sprinkle on some vegan parm and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
- Roasted Garlic: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (or 205 degrees C) and take a medium sized head of garlic and peel off the outer skins. Cut 1/4 inch off the top with a sharp knife so that the tips of the garlic are exposed. You can either wrap it in tin foil completely, wrap it in parchment and then tin foil (if you’re avoiding aluminum), or pop it in a muffin tin and just lightly cover the garlic with the foil. Bake it for about 30 minutes or until you can sink the tine of a fork all the way through one of the cloves. Let it cool for a minute, then squeeze the garlic out into your blender or a small dish to save for later.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian, American, Vegan
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-based, oilfree, pasta, broccolini, fettuccine