Creamy, protein-packed Vegan Puttanesca Pasta is the perfect busy weeknight dinner. A dish that the whole family can enjoy, this dish only takes 30 minutes!
- 4 cups pasta of choice (use gluten-free if needed)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (I used low sodium veg broth)
- 1 cup red split lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups olives, sliced (I used Kalamata and Spanish olives)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp miso paste (use chickpea miso if soy-free), dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup arugula (or spinach)
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- Vegan Parmesan for topping, optional
- Saute garlic in a large pot over medium heat. If it starts to stick, add a splash of water. Saute for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add rinsed lentils, vegetable broth, pasta, tomatoes, oregano, and basil. Stir well, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered if possible, for about 5-8 minutes. Remove the lid every so often and stir.
- When the pasta is just about cooked and the liquid has absorbed, add your olives, capers and thinned miso paste (mix 1 tsp miso with 1 tbsp of water). Stir and let the olives heat through.
- Finally, stir in the arugula (or spinach) and nutritional yeast. Add vegan Parmesan for extra deliciousness.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Like most pasta dishes, this meal is best on the first night. However, it will keep, so refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Add a tiny splash of water when reheating.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, can be Soy-Free, Pasta, Puttanesca