This creamy and refreshing Vegan Ricotta Pasta is not only insanely easy to make, but delicious and will please the whole family.
- 1 pound (16 oz) pasta of choice (use Gluten-Free if needed)
- 1 batch Vegan Ricotta Cheese or 1.5 cups store-bought
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes (or other vegetable of choice)
- Juice of 1 lemon, optional
- Freshly cracked black pepper, optional
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- While the water boils and the pasta cooks, you definitely have time to make the vegan ricotta cheese. Simply add all the cheese ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until it’s your desired consistency. You can leave it kind of crumbly, liquify into a sauce (add a little more non-dairy milk if needed), or somewhere in between like I did. Creamy, with a lot of texture!
- When the pasta is drained, return it to the pot and mix all the cheese in. I like to fold it in if it’s thick. If it’s too thick, try adding a splash of non-dairy milk.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and some freshly cracked black pepper if you like.
- Stir some sliced cherry tomatoes through and serve it up in bowls or on plates, then sprinkle on some more tomatoes.Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This pasta is great warm or cold, though remember that pasta is usually the best in the first few days. Some gluten-free pastas keep better than others.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Can be Gluten-Free