Too busy for plant-based? Not with this Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta! With its creamy goodness only 30 minutes away, it will be no hassle!
- One small onion, sliced
- 16 oz mushrooms (any will work, I used crimini/baby Bella), sliced
- 4 cups pasta of choice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup to 1 full cup chopped peppers of choice, optional
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or substitute tahini, sun butter, or the heavy portion of a can of full fat coconut milk)
- Splash of unsweetened nondairy milk
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- In a large pot, saute your onion in a splash of water over medium-high heat until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add broth, pasta, peppers, and mushrooms. Turn the heat up and bring it to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and let cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the spices, nutritional yeast, lemon, vinegar, and cashew butter. Stir it well. Add a little nondairy milk if the sauce needs to be thinner. If it needs to be thicker, add a little bit more nutritional yeast.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days if desired. If it’s thick when reheating, add a bit of nondairy milk.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Pasta
Keywords: Vegan, 30 Minute One-Pot, Pasta, oilfree