When you need a need your sushi fix but don't have time, Customizable Sushi Bowls can make for a healhy meal. With premade rice you can enjoy them all week!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free
- 3 3/4 cup cooked rice (or other grain), chilled if desired
- 3 medium carrots, grated or cut into matchsticks
- 2 1/2 cups sliced seedless cucumber (or regular cucumber, seeded)
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked edamame
- 5 sheets of nori, ripped or cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos, divided (can sub soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add mushrooms, smoked paprika, and half the coconut aminos (or soy sauce/tamari) to pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mushrooms release their own water so you shouldn't need to add any, but if you do, just add a tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking. Cook until mushrooms are less than half their original size and nicely browned.
- Add rice to a bowl and top with veggies, edamame, and sesame seeds.
- Cut nori sheets into small pieces. I like to cut them into little strips. Add them to your bowl, or store in a separate jar or container to pack with your sushi bowl.
- Add the rest of the coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce) to the bowl and enjoy immediately or pack up for later noshing. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5-6 days.
- Category: Entree, Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Sushi, Lunch
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, oil-free, vegan sushi