Mozzarella is a unique cheese that been hard to replicate as plant based. That changes with my Easy Vegan Nut-free Stretchy Mozzarella Cheeze Sauce! Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Gluten-free
- 1 block (396 grams) firm tofu, drained
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 cloves of garlic (if you do not have a high-speed blender you may need to mince these first) or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (use unfortified for a more authentic color)
- About 1/2 cup of water (you want it slightly thicker than cake batter)
- Blend all ingredients on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a medium non-stick saucepan and heat on medium heat (I do 5 or 6'o clock on the dial).
- Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon constantly for 3-4 minutes. Sauce will start to curdle and separate. Just keep stirring.
- You will know the sauce is done when it is stretchy like melted mozzarella cheese.
- After cooking, immediately (within 20-ish minutes), spoon it (I like to use two spoons or two small spatulas) onto whatever dish you like. Bake if desired. Reheats wonderfully on whatever it is put on.
- Category: Ingredient, Cheese
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, oil-free, nut-free, gluten-free, vegan cheese, cheeze