When you want a BLT but you're vegan (and don't want bread) there's my Vegan BLT Pasta with Tempeh Bacon and avocado for comfort food.
Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Can be Gluten-free
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, blend up mayo if making, and slice vegetables. Chop or crumble the bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain pasta and add back to pot or a large bowl. Stir mayo in well.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy!
- You may store leftovers in the fridge up to 5 days, but like most pasta, this tastes the best on the first day.
- If you don't have time to make the tempeh bacon, my favorite store-bought bacon choices are Lightlife Smart Bacon or Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon.
- If you wish to use store-bought vegan mayo, I love Follow Your Heart Vegenaise, Just Mayo, or Sir Kensington's Fabanaise.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top, Blender
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 1 plate
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Nut-free, Pasta, BLT, BLT pasta