Sometimes you just want to stuff your face with nachos but you're WFPB. With my Loaded Vegan Potato Nachos with Queso, you can have potachos and eat them too!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free
- 5 large russet potatoes, cut into fry even fry shapes
- 10 oz white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (or chili powder or cayenne pepper)
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 block (about 198 grams, which is half of a 396g block) firm tofu
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp each onion and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used almond) (or sub water)
- Salt to taste, I used about 1/4 tsp
- 1a. If using oven method, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (or 220 degrees Celsius). Prepare half sheet sized trays with silicone mats or parchment paper. Place fries in a single layer, not touching, on trays. Place in oven, bake for 30-40 minutes until desired crispness is achieved. Flip or turn the fries 3 times to ensure browning on all sides. 1b. If using airfryer method, preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 205 degrees Celsius) by heating the basket with nothing in it for 5 minutes (or if your air fryer has a preheat function, use that). add fries to basket. Cook in air fryer for 20-25 minutes until desired crispness is achieved. Shake the basket well every 5 minutes or so to ensure browning on all sides.
- While fries are cooking, prepare the lentil-mushroom mixture by adding those to a large skillet with the designated spices. To prevent sticking, just add water a tablespoon or two at a time. Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, until mushrooms have shrunken and have melded nicely with the lentils. When finished, set aside.
- Prepare queso by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blending until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Assemble your nachos by adding potatoes to plates and sprinkling on desired toppings. Drizzle on a generous portion of queso. Dig in and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days. Recommended to reheat in an air fryer, oven, or pan on the stove to retain crispy texture. Store any remaining queso separately in a jar or other airtight container.
If using oven: 50 minutes | If using air fryer: 40 minutes
- Category: Snack, Party
- Cuisine: Vegan, Plant-based, Potato, Nachos, Queso
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Potatchos, Queso