Need a healthy alternative for Thanksgiving? My Pomegranate Orange Pecan Thanksgiving Salad will give you the taste of the holidays with none of the guilt! Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten free
- 5 oz baby greens
- 1 medium pomegranate
- 4 clementines (or roughly 2 cups chopped oranges)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard, to taste (or dijon mustard)
- Water to thin
- Separate seeds from pomegranate, using above method if you like. Discard pomegranate shell (compost if you're able).
- Peel your carrots into ribbons. Save leftover parts of carrot for snacking, broth-making, or compost if you're able.
- Toss together greens, pomegranate seeds, oranges, carrot ribbons, and pecans.
- Mix the dressing with a whisk, adding water as needed until desired consistency. I personally like it to resemble pancake batter.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve immediately. If making ahead, reserve the dressing until ready to serve.
- Category: Salad, Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Salad
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 219
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, oil-free, gluten free, vegan salad