- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar.
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Raw pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl and ensure there are no clumps.
- Add the maple syrup, nondairy milk, and pumpkin and mix until well combined. Then add the vanilla extract and stir briefly to combine. Do not over mix
- Spoon batter into silicone muffin pan or cups and fill up between half and 2/3 full. Repeat until you've used up all your batter.
- If desired, press a few pumpkin seeds into the top of each uncooked muffin.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until the sides of the muffins start to pull away from the edges of the pan and an inserted toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool 15 15 minutes before removing the muffins from the pan. I run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin to make sure nothing sticks to the pan.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm, or at any temperature!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Muffins
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Pumpkin, Muffins