This easy Soy-Free Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce is delicious and comes together in minutes. No potatoes and carrots here, the spices and elements in this cheese sauce make a rich, creamy, luscious vegan cheese sauce.
- 1.5 cups or 15 oz can cannelini beans (or other white beans) (you can use cooked from dry beans too)
- 1 tbsp chickpea miso paste (may sub regular miso if not soy-free)
- 1 tablespoon tahini, optional
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend all ingredients until thick and creamy.
- If desired, add a little more nondairy milk to make the sauce a bit thinner.
- If you wish to make the sauce somewhat stretchy, heat it on the stove over medium-low heat and add a tablespoon or two of tapioca starch, stirring until the sauce becomes stretchy.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days in an airtight container (like a mason jar)
- Category: Vegan Cheese
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-based, Oilfree, Cheese, Cheese Sauce, Vegan Cheese