This luscious creamy Vegan Baked Ziti with Nut-Free Cheese is a delicious take on a classic family meal. Takes just 30 minutes to make!
Vegan, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Can be Soy-Free, Can be Gluten-Free
- Making this meal couldn't be much easier.
- First, put a pot of water on to boil and preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). You can salt your water if you wish (it adds to the flavor, but feel free to skip it if you're watching your sodium.
- Make your cheese while you wait for the water to boil. Simply throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour your cheese into a small saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5ish minutes, stirring constantly when it starts to curdle.
- Within a few minutes it will transform into a gooey, smooth, stretchy cheese. Turn the heat off of that burner.
- When the water is to a nice boil, add the pasta and cook till al dente -- that is, lightly chewy but not crunchy. Drain the pasta in a colander and return to the pot.
- Mix through the sauce with a spoon. I used a large jar of sauce per pound of pasta.
- Now, add half the cheese and stir it into the pasta and sauce mixture. Add your pasta to a baking dish (I use a glass square or ceramic 9 x 13 most often).
- Using a clean spatula and spoon (easiest method I've found), spread the remaining cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Now bake it uncovered for 10 minutes. The cheese will stiffen a bit on the top (the texture is amazing) and the underside will be SUPER MELTY and creamy.
- Serve hot and enjoy! (Or eat leftovers cold out of the fridge... for breakfast... no judgement here :)
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Can be Soy-Free, Can be Gluten-Free, Pasta, Ziti