This Vegan Chicken Cucumber Salad is delicious any time of the year, but particularly yummy in warmer weather. It also makes an easy dish to batch prep on Sundays for easy work or school lunches all week. Mix it up by wrapping some in a tortilla, or serve it over rice for a heartier meal.
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Can be Soy-Free
- 2-20 oz cans jackfruit (young jackfruit in brine/water), drained, rinsed and shredded with fork or fingers
- 1-1/2 cups (or 1 can) dark red kidney beans
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small or medium red onion, diced
- 1 block firm tofu (not pressed), drained
- Juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small lemons
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste; start with 1/4)
- 1/2 cup water to blend, or as needed
Chop your veggies and shred your jack fruit. Make sure to drain the jackfruit again or squeeze it in a clean kitchen towel to remove the excess liquid.
Blend dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor, adjusting amount of water or salt as needed.
Combine all ingredients and stir well.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American, Fresh
Keywords: vegan chicken salad, vegan chicken cucumber salad, cucumber salad, jackfruit, jackfruit chicken, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free, sugar-free, can be soy-free