Easy, creamy, vegan coconut nice cream (ice cream made from bananas!) doesn't actually taste like banana but rich, creamy coconut soft serve!
- 2 cups frozen bananas (about 4 large bananas-ish)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or a bit more, as needed) (see note 1)
- Toasted coconut and chopped mango for topping, optional
- First add the bananas, then add the coconut milk on top. If you're using other nondairy milk and coconut extract or shreds, add those now too.
- How much coconut / nondairy milk you'll need depends on both how many bananas you have and how powerful your blender or food processor is. If you don't have a high powered blender or food processor, you may need to add more liquid, but only add it a little at a time.
- If you're having trouble getting the mixture to blend, here's a few ideas to get it moving: chop your bananas into smaller pieces, add a little bit more liquid, stop and scrape down the sides or stir the mixture (use your tamper if you have a Vitamix), or even try letting the bananas defrost a little, blend, and then stick it back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, pile it high in a bowl, top it with desired toppings (I used toasted coconut and mango), and enjoy!
- Freeze leftovers in an airtight container up to one week, but the texture does become slightly less creamy.
- Note 1: As I mentioned above I seriously recommend the Toasted Coconut flavored nondairy milk from Califia Farms if you can find it, but if you can't you can use any other coconut milk (refrigerated or canned). If using canned, I recommend "light" or "lite" coconut milk for the liquid (which enables the bananas to become creamy nice cream!). Can't find any coconut milk? That's OK. Use any other type of nondairy milk and either add about 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract or some shredded coconut right into the mix.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Soy-Free, Nice Cream, Ice Cream, Frozen Bananas