For those cold days of winter there's my Vegan Double Noodle Chik'n Soup! It hits the spot when I have a cold or sore throat.
Vegan, Oil-free, Soy-free, Nut-free, Can be Gluten-free if you use GF pasta
- 3 skinny carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cups water
- 8 tsp (more or less to taste) no-chicken boullion paste (or sub broth for paste and water)
- 16 oz pasta of choice (I used linguine)
- Rinse and drain jackfruit well, then shred with 2 forks or your fingers. Don’t shred them too much if you’d still like to have chunks of chik’n in your soup. They will cook down a bit. Drain the jackfruit again as it can hold onto water. Remove the seeds and discard, or crush them with your fingers and add all of it to a large pot.
- Stir in the poultry seasoning and the onion powder, and cook it on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While jackfruit cooks, mince garlic and slice veggies thinly and evenly. When 8-10 min is up, either remove jackfruit and set aside (for chewier texture), or leave in pot and move aside.
- Add garlic to the area you cleared and saute one minute. then add the rest of the veggies, water, and bay leaf. Stir well and let come to a boil.
- Stir in the stock paste until dissolved. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook until soft, about 5-7 more minutes, until pasta and veggies are soft enough to eat. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Top with parsley if desired.Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days. If pasta soaks up too much of the liquid, add a little water and a dash of salt and pepper to revive flavors.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Plant-based, Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Oilfree