Super easy and simple Vegan Garlic Butter is perfect for toast, garlic bread, or making any recipe amazing and flavorful.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (salted), softened (see note 1)
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, grated (see note 2)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, chives, etc.)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese, grated, optional (we love Violife)
- NOTE, soften vegan butter for one hour before mixing: If you’re making spreadable vegan garlic butter or if you’re going to mix it and stick it back in the fridge, you’ll want to leave your vegan butter out on the counter for an hour before mixing anything into it. This will make it much easier to work with.
- If you’re making vegan garlic butter sauce, simply melt the vegan butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan and stir in the other ingredients. Pour over pasta, vegetables, or use for some other purpose as you like.
- Mix ingredients: In a small bowl, stir together the softened vegan butter, grated garlic, chopped herbs, and the grated vegan parmesan (if using).
- Serve immediately with toasted bread or vegan bagels or whatever else you like. Yes, this is almost-instant garlic bread. You can definitely add some vegan cheese if you’d like.
- Store: Refrigerate leftover vegan garlic butter in an airtight container for up to one week. It may last up to two weeks but it’s never lasted long enough for me to test that, haha. You can also freeze it in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Note 1: While you CAN use vegan margarine in a tub, I’ve found that using stick vegan butter tastes better. We love the Earth Balance Plant Based Butter Sticks the best for this recipe but Melt is also a great choice. Pay attention to whether your vegan butter is salted or unsalted. If unsalted, you should add a pinch of salt to the recipe. If it is already salted, I feel that this doesn’t need any additional salt.
- Note 2: Unless you’re making a sauce, you need to soften the butter on the counter for an hour before mixing. Otherwise the ingredients won’t mix in well.
- Note 3: It wouldn’t be vegan garlic butter without garlic! I used three because I really love garlic, but you can use less for a more subtle flavor. I do recommend grating your garlic with a microplane or a zester as it makes the garlic finer and disappear into the butter.
- Note 4: Fresh herbs work really nicely in this recipe. We just used parsley which was delicious but you could also try fresh chives.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Spread, Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan butter, vegan garlic butter, vegan spread, vegan snack