This vegan oil free hummus is super easy to make and incredibly creamy. Serve it up as a meal loaded with veggies and pita or keep it in the fridge as an easy snack with veggies or crackers when you get peckish!
- 1-14.5 oz can (or 1.5 cups) chickpeas
- About 1/2 cup aquafaba (the liquid from the can / bean cooking liquid)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to blender, adding only half the aquafaba at first.
- Blend for at least 90 seconds, but preferably about 2 minutes. Add more aquafaba as needed. If you run out of aquafaba add cold water if more liquid is still needed. Stop and scrape down the container often if you do not have a high-powered blender.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack, Ingredient
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, mediterranean
Keywords: Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Nut-free, Hummus, Oil Free Vegan Hummus