Rich, creamy, and satisfying yet easy and healthy, this vegan and gluten-free tofu Eggs Benedict comes together in just 30 minutes and is simple enough to make on a weekday yet indulgent enough to enjoy for weekend brunch. Bonus: take it go with one simple modification.
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free
- 1 16oz (396 grams) firm or medium tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (or less)
- 1/8 tsp black salt or kale nemek, optional
- 4 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black salt or kala nemek, optional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, for color, optional
- English muffins or GF tortillas/wraps
- Toppings like spinach, tomato, avocado, fresh herbs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F or 205 degrees C. You don't need to press the tofu, just drain out the excess liquid from the package.
- Slice your tofu into 1/2 inch thick pieces, any shape desired.
- Mix together the spices on a plate or in a wide bowl and dredge your tofu in it. Place them a few inches apart on a silicone mat lined baking tray.
- Bake the tofu in the oven for 25 minutes, carefully flipping it (I like to kind of lightly dig a metal spatula at the silicone to slide it under firmly, that way the crust does not stick to anything) halfway through.
- While the tofu is cooking, make your Hollandaise by adding all ingredients to a jar or bowl and mixing well. Add a little water if it's too thick.
- Finally, when the tofu is done, assemble your dish by placing a toasted English muffin half face up on a plate. Layer on the spinach, tomato, tofu, avocado and finally drench it in Hollandaise. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Or--place all ingredients in a wrap or tortilla (gluten-free if needed) and take to go!
- Refrigerate leftover tofu and sauce in separate airtight containers. Reheat tofu in air fryer or microwave. Reheat sauce on the stove in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free, Eggs Benedict, breakfast