Creamy, satisfying, and refreshing, this vegan avocado salad is divine but incredibly easy to make. Comes together in only 15 minutes (or less!)
- 4 cups greens (I used baby spinach + baby kale)
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (I used grape / cherry tomatoes)
- 1 small red onion, diced finely
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped, optional
- ½ cup lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp chili flakes or black pepper, optional
- Wash, dry, and cut your greens and veggies to your liking. I leave my baby greens whole but feel free to chop up more if desired.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes are great in this salad--they’re sweeter and less watery. If using regular tomatoes, squeeze out some of the extra juice before including in the salad if you’re concerned about it being soggy.
- I like to quarter each avocado, peel off the skin, and slice it thinly. That way, every bite of salad gets some delicious avocado, but it doesn’t get lost among the other ingredients.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or cup (or shake in a small jar), and add to salad when ready to serve. Toss everything together well and serve.
- Salad will last well for a few hours, but will need to be refrigerated after about 3 hours. The avocado should stay fresh for several hours, but may start to brown the next day. Recommended to halve the recipe if there is concern about not being able to eat the whole recipe the first day.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Salad, Avocado Salad