Creamy, fresh, sweet, and tangy, this Vegan Goat Cheese Salad with Strawberries and Pecans has it all! This entree salad comes together in under 30 minutes!
- First make your batch of vegan goat cheese. Crumble up your pressed tofu and mix it with the ingredients I mention in that recipe.
- After you’ve mixed everything up, set it aside for the flavors to meld and let’s work on the salad.
- Add washed and spun or dried greens to a large bowl. Cut them into smaller pieces with kitchen shears if you wish.
- Add chopped strawberries, cucumbers, and pecans to the salad.
- Finally, add in your vegan goat cheese crumbles and drizzle on some of that delicious dressing and enjoy!
- Store dressing and salad separately. If you used delicate greens like I did, your salad may wilt after a day or two in the fridge. The goat cheese itself and the dressing will each last up to 5 days in the fridge. It’s the greens and the cut berries that won’t last. If you keep all the ingredients separate and just mix as much salad as you’d like that day, you can enjoy it for many days.
- Note 1: You can use whatever type of greens you would like in this salad, but I used this tasty herb mix from Trader Joe’s. I recommend some kind of softer greens, like butter lettuce, baby greens, or spring mix. I also tried this recipe with just baby spinach and it was super delicious. Strawberries and spinach seem to go so well together, and it really lets the other ingredients shine.
- Note 2: Customize it! Use any other berry like blueberries or blackberries--or even another fruit like peaches or pineapple for a fun twist! Any of these fruits will go GREAT with the vegan goat cheese. I’m just obsessed with that salty sweet combination.
- Note 3: You can freeze this vegan goat cheese if you’d like, but I’ve noticed that thawed tofu seems to get a bit chewier (making it great for cooking as a meat replacement), so it may not be as soft if you decide to freeze it.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan Goat Cheese Salad