With my Vegan Cheesy Pumpkin Lasagna Bake, this Italian classic becomes the prefect meal to add to your Thanksgiving meal. Nut-free, oil-free. Gluten-free if you use gluten-free lasagna noodles.
- 1.5 9-oz boxes oven-ready lasagna noodles (see my note above about using regular lasagna noodles--It's fine with minor alterations)
Water as needed if using oven-ready noodles
- 1 batch pumpkin cheezy sauce
- 1 batch homemade mozzarella or 8 oz vegan shredded cheeze
- 12 oz riced cauliflower (if frozen, steam cook and press out the water with clean tea towel)
- 16 oz mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (or any, but I like the flavor and lower sodium of this salt)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C) and line a half baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Pulse cauliflower and mushrooms in food processor until texture is crumbly. Spread on baking pan. Sprinkle on oregano, paprika, onion powder, and salt. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir, then bake for additional 15 minutes. You may choose to bake for additional time if you like the texture crispy. Leave the oven on.
- In a 9" x 13" deep-rimmed baking dish, start to layer your ingredients. First put down a layer of sauce and noodles. If using oven-ready noodles, add a half cup of water. Spread on the cauliflower and mushroom mixture and continue layering. Your last layer should be the last of the Cheezy Pumpkin Sauce.
- Using two small spatulas or spoons, spread the mozzarella out as evenly as you can.
- Bake the lasagna covered for 20 minutes, then uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the noodles are fully cooked and the cheeze is lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, oil-free, vegan lasagna