Delicious and loaded with protein and veggies, this Vegan Meat Lover’s Pizza features a trifecta of vegan meats.
- 16 ounces vegan pizza dough (see note 1)
- 1 cup (as needed) pizza sauce or marinara
- Approx. 8 ounces shredded vegan cheese (see note 2)
- 2 links Big Mountain Foods Big Brat Veggie Links
- 4-5 Big Mountain Foods MMM Mighty Mushroom Bites, quartered
- 1 cup (as needed) Big Mountain Foods Cauli Crumble Veggie Grounds
- Any other toppings, as desired
- Prep: Start by preheating the oven to at least 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius). If you have a pizza stone you could go hotter--just depends how you like to cook pizza!
- Stretch dough: Stretch out your dough to a pizza shape. Try to create a small lip around the outer edge for the crust to form. It’s better to gently stretch out your dough with balled fists moving in a circle around the edges of the dough, in the air, allowing gravity to stretch out the dough than to roll it out with a rolling pin. Check out tutorials on YouTube--there are people much better equipped to show you how to do this than I!
- Add pizza sauce: Use a spoon to add your pizza sauce or marinara to the crust. I like to use the back of a spoon or spatula to spread the sauce out evenly, leaving the crust/lip edge of the pizza exposed.
- Add vegan cheese: Sprinkle on your favorite vegan cheese--I go fairly heavy handed and use a full 8 ounce bag for this pizza.
- Add on your toppings: I started by creating 2 concentric circles of sliced Big Mountain Foods Big Brat Veggie Links, then followed it with quartered MMM MIghty Mushroom Bites and finally sprinkled the Cauli Crumble Veggie Grounds in the remaining spaces. I also tried to leave some negative space for the cheese to shine too! You could also add veggies at this point if you like, but what I loved about the meat alternatives I used was that they’re already loaded with veggies!
- Bake: Bake until the cheese melts and the crust is lightly golden brown. The vegan meats will brown a little, too.
- Serve: Transfer to a cutting board, slice, and enjoy!
- Store: Refrigerate leftovers for 3-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to reheat pizza in the air fryer, toaster oven, or oven as opposed to the microwave. Actually, cold pizza is really good too! It’s one of my favorite breakfasts!
- Note 1: Whether you make my homemade quick vegan pizza dough, buy some pre-made dough from the store (Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s both sell this--and you can also check whatever stores are local to you), or you can even buy a readymade crust that you just top all your goodies. You can also make pizza bagels or make it on baguette (Mr. Zardyplants loves French bread pizza). Use a gluten-free crust if needed.
- Note 2: We have an easy homemade vegan mozzarella if you prefer homemade stuff, or you can use a store-bought vegan cheese. We particularly love how well Follow Your Heart Finely Shredded Mozzarella melts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan, Vegan Pizza, Vegan Meat Lovers Pizza